Special Integrated Logistics Zone (SILZ) was unveiled on November 1st 2022 and is the first zone of its kind that combines best practice in regulation, technology and infrastructure from around the world. This provides companies with frictionless linkages between investors, suppliers, customs and government. SILZ enjoys global and regional connectivity due to its proximity to the airport and access to rail, metro, and ring road system.
Investors can benefit from an ideal position next to King Khalid International Airport, which is establishing Saudi Arabia as a leading transport and logistics hub. The benefit of such location is its further contribution to the zone’s logistic aims and advantages as it provides it with excellent air connectivity.
Direct and indirect fiscal incentives for Saudi and foreign investors:
• Suspension of customs duties on goods imported or transported within the SILZ.
• No VAT on goods entering the zone for servicing or manufacturing activities.
• Zero percent income tax rate on prescribed activities.
- Consumer products
- Computer parts
- Nutritional and medical supplies
- Aerospace spare parts
- Luxury goods, jewelry and precious metals
Companies in SILZ can benefit from supportive and flexible processes and regulations, developed to establish the zone as a global business hub
Enhanced ease of doing business benefits:
- One stop shop for administrative processes
- No restrictions on capital repatriation
- Bonded corridor to King Khalid Airport and other zones
- No customs for goods remaining in zone
- Rapid certification of goods for export
- 100% foreign ownership of business
- Flexible Saudization requirements
- 0% Corporate Income Tax
- VAT exemptions
- Withholding tax exemptions
- Remittance tax exemptions
- 50-year tax relief period
- VAT exemptions for goods under customs suspension
- 0% VAT on servicing or manufacturing and assembly
To get more information about investment conditions in the free zones of Saudi Arabia, please contact Soha Asia Follow Up Services consultants.