Aden City Has Gained Great Attention Since The Formation Of The Republic Of Yemen On May 22, 1990. It Was Officially Designated As The Commercial And Economic Capital For The Country For Its Strategic Location. The Aden Free Zone (AFZ) Was Subsequently Formed And Has Become A Regional And International Center For Development In Yemen. It Provides Competitive And High Quality Services To Investors For Starting Up And Operating Their Projects In Aden. The AFZ Strives To Continuously Develop Its Institutional Capacities, Improve Its Processes, Procedures, And Operations. It Coordinates With The General Investment Authority (GIA) To Monitor The Regional Favorable Environment. The AFZ Is Dedicated To Meeting Its Enterprise Goals While Maintaining Its Commitment To Transparency, Environmental Awareness And Good Governance.
Aden Free Zone, established in the city of Aden in 1993, has gained strategic importance as a result of Port of Aden's geographical location, which is directly located on the main trade route of the world, from the Middle East to Europe and America, and is also characterized by the possibility of providing transit services to East Africa, the Red Sea, Indian sub-continent, and the Persian Gulf.
Benefits of Aden Free Zone
- 15 years' tax exemption, with the possibility of extension for another 10 years
- 100% Foreign Ownership
- Free transfer of capital and profits outside the Aden Free Zone without exchange controls. Goods manufactured in AFZ are also not subjected to any import and export fees, they are exempted from production tax and custom fees.
- Goods coming and going through the zone are also exempted from any fees imposed on import and export. In addition, these goods are not subjected to custom procedures.
- No restrictions on bringing or using foreign laborers.
- Non Yemeni workers in the zone are exempted of income tax and are free to transfer their capitals and profits outside the free zone.
- No currency restrictions
- Freedom to choose the field of investment
- Freedom to choose the legal form of the project
- Freedom to set prices and profits
- Availability of large locations and spaces at reasonable prices
Advantages of the city of Aden
- The southern gateway to the prosperous Arabian Peninsula
- Crossroads of the Middle East and East Africa regions
- Leading business center for Yemen
- Great protected natural harbor
- Trade traditions dating back several centuries
- At the heart of the trade lines connecting Europe with South Asia and the Far East
What Makes Aden Free Zone Different?
- Distinguished geographic location
- Natural entrance to the port with a depth of up to 40 meters with easy-to-deep channels
- Guidance facilities for highly sophisticated and technical ships for navigation
- An abundance of land areas estimated at 325 km2, suitable for expansion and development
- Developing markets with 200 million consumers in the neighborhood of the rapidly expanding economies of the Gulf Cooperation Council and other similar regional countries.
- Storage and distribution facilities and facilities suitable for dealing with Africa, the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf
- Abundance of relatively cheap local human resources
The future vision of the Aden Free Zone
The first step in this process is to redefine a vision to develop the Aden Free Zone into a modern entity based on a series of activities based on its competitive advantage to be an attractive center for local and international investment.
- A comprehensive global hub for transportation and work.
- Attracting and serving regional and global investors.
- Contribute strongly to the prosperity of the national economy.